Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fourth of July - Picnic Time

It's that time of year again, pack the picnic basket and go out somewhere. Sit by the river, listen to music, watch fireworks, EAT. I had received a wonderful country hutch for a birthday present last year and wanted to find a way to show case it. Space is at a premium here, especially as I do not like a lot of clutter. (I didn't say I didn't have any clutter, just that I didn't like clutter.) A way for me to play with my miniatures and showcase some of the things I have collected is to make a shadowbox display. (Wall space I have!) I purchased a black shadow box from Hobby Lobby that was the perfect size for my little hutch. With the assistance of some art form the internet (not for sale, for personal use only) I framed up the pictures, added the Reutter Porzellain dishes to the hutch. The shelves are decorated with many things I have made either from kits or from scratch. Some of the items are expensive collector pieces, and others are "cheap" plastic. Al Chandronnait made the baskets you see and the rooster is an Olszewski miniature. (I surely hope I spelled it correctly.) I made the flowers from scratch and the pumpernickel was my first loaf of polymer clay bread. (Now I think I am an artist!) Anyway, try it. Give your project some thought, go visit your local miniature or hobby store, or find it on the internet. Create your dreams, or savor a memory in a small space and at your fingertips. Kathiok..I am at it again...Creating digitally...Have a Safe and Happy Forth! Michelle
I could not resist these either:

No comments: