Friday, September 3, 2010

Thursday and UFDC

I awoke on Thursday well rested with not a thing to do. It was glorious. Imagine, a morning to do nothing but work on my projects, read a book, take a leisurely bath and sleep again if I so desired. I caught my housekeeper early for some extra coffee, plopped that “Privacy” sign on my door, and snuggled away. Rain clouds loomed. All I needed was a fireplace; I had the murder mystery going already. The morning came and went and I found myself leisurely, not hurriedly, walking to Bockwinkles for some goodies for lunch. I sat outside to eat and the phone rang. Hubby calling to check up, he’s missing me. Right in the middle of that conversation drip, drip, drip, deluge! I thought I could get back before getting soaked and I nearly did. I had plenty of time to dry off, gather my tools for my last workshop.
Today, Cheryl Manard, was introducing us to a leather travel case for our French Fashion Dolls. It even came with the toiletry items. I have to admit now that I did not finish the case. I wanted to do something my way. I was also unsure of how many items I wanted to add to my case. I lack only the gluing in of the lining and the additions. This was a more complex case than I was used to making in a workshop, but I was able to make the whole thing and I am happy with the results. Cheryl was a good teacher.
Publisher’s Preview would open at 7:00 PM and I promised Judy I would get her a book. First things first, suppertime. Stetson’s is the high-end steakhouse inside the hotel. Why not, I had been eating sandwiches and maintaining my good balance all week. I certainly had walked enough for it. I ordered a filet and steamed broccoli. I did not order potatoes or desert. However, I did indulge in fresh bread with real butter. The service was so great. I had forgotten to order the sauce for my filet and when I got my waiter’s attention he said, “You wanted the BĂ©arnaise?” How did he know? He had already ordered it for me. He surprised at the end with two chocolate covered strawberries, which I ate slowly.
I managed to figure out the crush called Publisher’s Preview in time to get the very last book for my friend Judy, and was able to get it signed. I was able to pay for and order my own, but it has not yet shown. I am sure it will soon. It is coming from France and I cannot wait. I purchased some new patterns and renewed my subscriptionn to the French Fashion Review. It’s all good!
Tomorrow, the banquet!
Kathi

1 comment:

DollZandThingZ said...

Wonderful reporting! I love the page that you made with the travel case. That case is really very nice. I really appreciate your reporting. It is just like being there..and I also love the references to the food you ate!